Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Damon braces vs traditional braces?

I'm supposed to be getting braces soon and I need to decide between two orthodontists, both offering around the same price. The first orthodontist insisted on getting Damon braces, which are supposedly faster, smaller, and more comfortable. They said it should only take up to 18 months and I shouldn't need to extract any teeth. The second orthodontist only used traditional braces and said it should take about 2 1/2 years, with the extraction of 4 teeth (to fix my chin). Generally the treatments were mostly the same (fix cross-bite, fix crowding, align teeth, etc...), except for the extractions. They definitely had their different perspectives and methods of diagnosis. And honestly, the second orthodontist actually charged slightly more than the first. So can anyone help me decide which one is better? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment